Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some Real Selkies!



Just going back through all my old photos, I found these ones - isn't he cute?! I was down on one of the more remote beaches ages ago and saw this little fella up on the stones all on his own - I'm not sure if his mother was in the water looking out for him but I couldn't see her.

He was NOT happy to see me and growled and grumbled at me before shuffling off down to the sea and swimming away in a very disgruntled fashion!



This is one of the big seals that you find basking on the Skellig rocks - he's blind in one eye but seems to be surviving despite that.

And this one is part of the seal colony on Beginish Island (near to Valentia) - when I'm working we see seals pretty much every day. They are so curious and like to watch us!




I don't seem to have any photos of the Waterville seals but they are always there too - they swim along to follow you along the length of the beach while you are beachcombing; very curious again!

No comments:

Post a Comment